A friendly reminder that your Fall 2020 fees are due September 10, 2020.
For full details on paying and understanding your student account and all related fees, visit Student Financial Services: https://sfs.yorku.ca.
Here are some tips and reminders to help you understand your statement and account.
Step 1: Know what’s included on your statement
Statements are issued around the 18th of each month and include:
- course/program enrolment fees
- course drop refunds (as applicable)
- residence fees, meal plan and telecommunication charges
- payments made since the last statement was issued
Step 2: Review terms on your statement
From the SFS website: Some of the terms used in the Student Account Online Statement might be unfamiliar to you. Here are some commonly used terms.
- Previous Statement Date – this is the date your last statement was issued.
- Previous Balance – this is the balance shown on your last statement.
- Amount Due on Last Statement – this is the amount which had to be paid from the last statement to avoid interest charges.
- Payments Received – this is a total of all payments made to your account since the last statement was issued.
- Present Balance – this is the total outstanding balance. This amount may include charges for fees which are not due now (i.e. fees for courses which begin in the next term). Although some charges may not be due until later, you can always pay them earlier if you wish.
- Minimum Payment Due This Month – this amount must be paid by the “Payment Due By” date to avoid interest charges. If the amount shown is zero, no payment is due on that date.
- Payment Due By – payments are due by the 10th of the month following the statement date. If the full amount due is not paid by the due date, an interest charge will be added to the account.
Step 3: Learn how to pay your statement
Your Student Account Online Statement reflects all charges assessed to your account. You can pay your student account through your bank, credit union or caisse populaire using telephone or online banking.
Review the “Minimum payment due this month” and “Minimum payment due by” areas of your Student Account Online Statement to see if there is an amount owing and when you must pay it.
Step 4: Locate Self-Service Tools
Here are a few commonly accessed sites:
Step 5: Bookmark these links
You should be consulting the Student Financial Services website regarding the payment of your fees. Bookmark sfs.yorku.ca, and take note of helpful links below: