Job Title: Student Assistant – International Student Programs
Department: International Student Programs, York International
Start Date: May 14th, 2012
End Date: August 31st, 2012
Rate of Pay: $11.25
Hours Per wk: 35 hours a week
Undergraduate York university student in full-time studies in the Summer 2012 academic year
The Student Assistant will support the work of the International student programs section at York International; Specifically, the student who holds this position will be responsible for
- File management – filing materials related to programming
- Organization of International Education materials in regards to international students
- Student hired will also assist in the planning and logistical arrangements for some International Student programs ie/ catering, room booking, advertising, registrations
Communications and Public Relations-
- Email correspondence with incoming students
- Maintaining the International Student Programs bulletin board
- Publicity for various International student programs – (advertising, poster creation, selling tickets etc)
- Various Research Projects as assigned, including Public Relations activities, collecting and presenting data
- Other duties as required
Skills / Qualities Needed:
- Excellent Organizational skills,
- Attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (ie. Word, Excel)
- Effective public speaking skills
- Computer, Telephone, Fax
Note: Please do not put your cover letter or resume in the body of an email. If sending your application by email, please send your documents as attachment.
T. Craig Wright
In person: 200 York Lanes
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday May 9th 2012 at 11:59pm.
Please Note: No late applications will be accepted.
We thank all those interested in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.